Jennifer S. Wagner
Jen Wagner is a trial lawyer who practices in the areas of complex business, securities, financial fraud, employment and class action litigation. Jen represents clients in state and federal court and in private arbitrations.
Jen has been recognized by Oregon Super Lawyers (2010 – present), is listed in Best Lawyers in America for commercial litigation (2013 – present) and is listed by Benchmark Litigation as a Future Star (2014 – present).
Outside of work, Jen enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, traveling, reading and hiking.
Securities and Financial Fraud:
- Represents investors on securities fraud claims against brokers, broker-dealers, issuers and professionals.
- In multiple cases has represented the State of Oregon and the Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund as Special Assistant Attorney General in seeking to recover losses to the Fund due to fraud and securities law violations.
- Represented conservator on fraud, elder abuse and malpractice claims in connection with a “sweetheart scam” through which criminal defendants stole in excess of $15 million.
- Represented shareholder of publicly traded corporation on derivative claims against the corporation’s officers and directors.
- Represented national corporation on ORICO, RICO, fraud and related claims against multiple parties arising out of a vehicle auction bid-rigging scheme.
- Represented former majority shareholder of a corporation in connection with claims for securities fraud and breach of contract arising out of a share purchase agreement.
Business Litigation and Contract Disputes:
- Represented inventor in a major patent infringement lawsuit involving trade secrets and breach of contract claims.
- Represented tenant in defense of claims for breach of commercial lease agreement.
- Represented operator of assisted living facility on claims against management company.
- Represented clients in disputes regarding control and management of closely held corporations.
- Represented real estate developers in defense of claims asserted by bank.
- Represents employees in connection with non-competition, wage and hour, contract and related claims and issues.
- Obtained settlement on behalf of local non-profit after successful trial of undue influence claim.
- Obtained a $14.5 million settlement in class action on behalf of civil service custodian staff for unlawful termination.
- Represented insurance adjusters in multi-district class action against national insurance company for failure to pay overtime.
- Represented seasonal workers in a class action against employer for failure to pay wages on termination of employment.
- Represented consumers in multiple class actions against credit card companies and banks for charging excessive fees and wrongfully imposing onerous terms.
- Represented Oregon tenants in class action against property manager for imposition of illegal fees.
- Represented shareholders in class action against corporation for failure to pay dividends.
- In multiple cases has represented clients asserting claims for legal and/or accounting malpractice.
209 SW Oak St
Portland, Oregon 97204
Tel: (503) 227-1600
Fax: (503) 227-6840
- Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College, J.D., magna cum laude, graduating first in class, 2002
- Associate Editor of the Environmental Law Journal
- Member of the Cornelius Honor Society
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, B.A., graduating with high distinction, 1996
- Oregon State Bar, 2002
- United States District Court, Oregon, 2002
- Stoll Berne; associate, 2002-2012; shareholder 2013-present
- Oregon Department of Justice, Special Litigation Unit, Law Clerk, 2000-2001
Oregon State Bar
Litigation Section Executive Committee, 2014-present
Multnomah Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Professional Development and Education Committee, 2006-2007
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2009-2011
- MBA Court Liaison Committee, 2013-2015 (Chair, 2015)
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- 2011-2013 Roberts-Deiz Awards Dinner Committee
- American Bar Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates