Jacob S. Gill
Jacob Gill represents clients on a wide range of matters, including patent infringement litigation, securities/regulatory compliance, business and securities litigation, commercial real estate transactions, and private placements of securities. Jacob's multi-faceted perspective allows him to serve his clients' diverse and unique needs.
Jacob is a member of the Federal Bar Association, Oregon State Bar and Multnomah Bar Association. He has been admitted to practice in both state and federal courts. Jacob joined Stoll Berne in 2003 after earning his law degree from the University of Oregon, where he was Order of the Coif.
- Representing a retail merchandising products manufacturer in a patent infringement suit against a competitor
- Advises registered broker-dealers and investment advisors in connection with Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory and compliance issues.
- Represented a national broker-dealer in connection with FINRA and SEC examinations.
- Represented a public company in a multi-million dollar breach of contract arbitration.
- Represented inventor in major patent infringement litigation.
- Represented a local author in connection with the publication of a medical treatise by a national publisher.
209 SW Oak St
Portland, Oregon 97204
Tel: (503) 227-1600
Fax: (503) 227-6840
- University of Oregon, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2003
- Portland State University, B.A. with High Honors (Economics), 1998
- Oregon State Bar, 2003
- United States District Court, Oregon, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2009
- Stoll Berne; associate, 2003-2010; Of Counsel, 2011-present
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission; research specialist, 2002
Oregon State Bar
- Securities Regulation Section, Executive Committee, 2009
- Intellectual Property Section, member
- Business Section, member
- Business Litigation Section, member
- Author of the 2009 Supplement to Chapter 12 of the Oregon State Bar Contracts CLE
Multnomah Bar Association
- CLE Committee; 2006-2009, Chair 2007-2008
- Federal Bar Association
- Friends of Forest Park